Friday, November 5, 2010

More pitchers, and a working fountain!

I made two more pitchers!  I like the way these guys turned out, but I think I like my little pot-bellied ones a bit better.  They have so much personality :)

I am actually very happy with these; I had trouble throwing all four (with the back problems and general business I've been throwing very sporadically), and I was very happy to end up with good looking pots!  I guess thats what really shows my progress, I still have problems throwing sometimes (mostly its been problems with things getting slightly off center as I am opening and doing the first few pulls), but I am getting better at working through issues and managing to come out with a pot rather than having it collapse on me :D

Lastly, I finaly finished this project from October of 09!  I was taking a class at Clayways, and our instructor Kelly was showing us how to make a simple fountain.  I threw and carved this guy and got it bisqued, but I wanted to salt-fire it, and its been waiting to get fired at Ryans for almost a year!  Today I went to Armadillo and bought the pump, and put it all together.  This is super exciting for me, I've never assembled any sort  of working device before, no laps, clocks, or even a soap pump.  My cats love it; I'm not sure if they will let me sell their wonderful new drinking fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment