Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pitchers

I have a coworker that wants me to make a pitcher for her, and I haven't done anything like that in a while, so I decided to make a few.  I just got around to making 2 yesterday (I need to buy more clay, and my back was bugging me), but I plan on making at least a couple more.  I am trying really hard to make a minimum of 4-6 of anything I make; I think its a good exercise, and gives me more product to sell!  I particularly like this guy, hes short and got a potbelly :)

This one I was trying to make taller and more slender, but it ended up kind of potbellied too :P I should try to make one that is top heavy instead of bottom heavy, but at least the bottom heavy ones balance out nicely with their handles.  And I like the character the bellies give them :)  This one was also being difficult, the clay was soft (and I am not throwing enough) and it was being a little difficult to control. 

As was this guy... he didn't turn out so well.  I also had another coworker who requested a vase, and I was going for one with a little belly at the bottom and then a more slender neck, but it wasnt working out, and I kept pushing at it anddd... he didnt like that.  I kept it, because its still kind of interesting, but I'm guessing I might get some cracking where it pushed down.  We will see.


Lastly, I finally got a ton of stuff fired this weekend! I will take some nice pictures soon and post them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment