Thursday, December 2, 2010

Painted pots, christmas gifts

I got a couple more things painted with underglaze last week, including this pretty little plate!  I am very happy with the way this turned out; I like the plate itself (I plan on making more with this wide rim that is so very paintable), and the design is great!  I am trying so hard to not use stripes too much, and I even noticed that most of the things I sold during EAST were more complicated patterns like this one.  So I will make an effort :P


Also got this teapot done, I am very happy with the petal shapes (a million times easier to paint curved lines than to carve them), but I'm not positive I like the spout.  I'm going to leave it that way and see how it looks complete! I think it is a little overwhelming right now, but I'm hoping once I get a colored glaze on it the piece will be balanced out a bit.

Also working on some last minute Christmas gifts! My grandma mentioned a while ago that she used to have a mixing bowl with a spout and a handle and requested I make her one, so I am going to try for my first ever set of nesting bowls.  We shall see how that turns out, I'm not sure if I can get it to work with the handles, but I will try :)  These bowls and the pitchers reminded me how much I hate making pulled spouts. They are no fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment