Friday, September 24, 2010

Bowls!

I've been working on my bowls lately!  I got a couple of them carved and I'm working on a couple more at home right now, hopefully I will get those pictures up tomorrow or sunday.  I did my standard stripes, though I purposely spaced them a bit farther apart for a little bit of a different look, and I tried out a new design with some squares.  I think it is an interesting look, though I may have made the big squares a little bit too big.  Overall I am pretty happy with the shapes of these bowls; nice and deep for a bowl of cereal, but open enough to let you get down to the bottom!

I also got one of my bisqued bowls painted; I used the same triangle pattern that I used on some of the teabowls and small cups.  I am pretty happy with the way this looks, can't wait to see some of these underglazed pieces finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment