Saturday, September 18, 2010

Recycling clay is super fun!

This is one of the bowls I threw last week, but it was thick enough to carve unlike the other two which I will paint designs on.  I like this pretty well; I don't usually like shallow bowls as much, but I think this would be a nice fruit bowl or something like that.

I finally filled up my big home depot bucket with clay, so it was time for some clay recycling!  I used Ryan's plaster molds, but I am going to buy some plaster soon and he's going to help me make more.   I've been saving my clay wet, so it was a teensy bit lumpy, but I tried to mix it up a bit with the drill mixer. 

I think that I will start saving my scrap dry so I can end up with a smoother, and more liquidy, slurry.  That should make getting it into the molds easier; it is super messy to try and spoon sludgy stuff into the molds. 
   

Loraine thinks my clay recycling is super interesting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment