Monday, March 29, 2010

Next projects...

It's neat to see all the carved pieces I've been working on all out on the table together.  I am definately most happy with the designs based on straight lines.  Ryan took a look at them and said he liked them :D

So now I am going to start working on the next projects, which will be teapots, maybe some planters, and probably some sets of jars.  I saw this set at a friends house and loved them!



So I have been thinking about shapes of teapots (not so much the jars since I loved the shapes of the ones above so much), and also brainstorming new pattern ideas. Sticking with the rectalinear designs, I've ended up with some very Native-American looking designs, but I like them so far.






I started out with teapots (because I owe one to Hollen), and I started out with the simple curved shape.  These kinds of teapots make me think of the kettles you use to boil water :)  I was super happy with the way they turned out, the last time I tried a closed form (long time ago), it didnt work out so well, but these turned out great!  The cups are just going to be for some glaze tests in Ryans kiln.




No comments:

Post a Comment